Thermador Demo with Chef Janene
Yield: 6 (robust) Servings
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef stock (if necessary)
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans (warmed)
Add the ground beef to a skillet on medium high heat, cooking and breaking it apart until browned.
Add in the onions, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chocolate, chili powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, cloves, allspice berries, and bay leaf and mix together well.
Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, adding water or beef stock if it gets too dry.
Serve over cooked spaghetti. Top with shredded cheddar, diced onion, and kidney beans.
It is also traditional to serve with oyster crackers over the top to help absorb extra moisture.